Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 3 Car Trekkin

IMGP1113 First of all I should mention this cool sea eagle that some guy on the street had last night. He had plastic on his claws otherwise he would have torn my arm to bits.

We had dinner at a really snazzy Italian restaurant called 'Prego' which had really good food.  I was not like being in Thailand at all. In fact it was a darn sight better than almost any Italian eatery I've ever been to. It's amazing what they can do here.

IMGP1127 Today we hired a little Suzuki 4wd and drove around the island.  The traffic is crazy and anything goes, but there is no road ragers like in Australia. I like it.  This is me sniffing a stinking fish that is 'drying' in this intense tropical heat and humidity. It reeked, let me tell you. The small fishing villages are interesting and not at all like Chaweng beach where we are staying.  Very peaceful and quiet.

IMGP1129
Here (above) is me drinking a Mai Tai at a small bar on the beach on the north end of the island.  It was not the best drink I've had but the location was very nice.
IMGP1139 

Here you see a filthy monkey collecting coconuts at a coconut farm.  He twists them off on command...but I could tell he would rather be somewhere else with other monkeys.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

In reality you love nature. This is turning out to me just as much a blog about nature and drinking as mine!!

Leigh said...

http://rogue303.blogspot.com/2008/09/burning-man-2008.html