Friday, September 12, 2008

Days 4,5,6 & The massage incident.

On Thursday we swam in the pool then went to the shops and bought a few things. We walked back along the beach then had dinner at a place called "Ninja Crepes" which is renowned for having the best Thai food.  It is just a shed, with some people cooking in the corner. Most dishes are 40-60 baht...about $1.50 to $2.30.

 

IMG_1843
Friday we got up early just after sunrise.  It was sunny - the other days have been overcast, but still pretty warm.  Alistair sent through a picture of Astro on the couch next to Chelsea the cat!  I never thought I'd see that.

We decided to book in for a massage.  Not too keen on the ones on the beach, so we headed to a more up class establishment up the road.  It was a bit disturbing as the discretion was a little thinly spread. Rose was first up with some shower treatment in another room, I was on the table face-down with a little towel draped where it counted. "Hmm.." I thought, "I hope that little towel has got me covered" as she set to work on my legs.  Then she spread my legs and I started to panic.  A short time later Rose returned and she reckons she could clearly see my cheeseburger. Damn..I don't want to think what happened when I rolled over, because that felt pretty breezy, too. 

When it was all declared over and they left the room (2 hours later) Rose sprung up from the table and got into her clothes, quick smart.  Apparently she didn't appreciate the calming and relaxing Thai 'chest rub' or 'far reaching fingers' of the trained operators.  I guess my exposed arse/bits wasn't a pretty sight either.  I don't think we'll get too any more massages while we're here.  Whatever..it was worth a try.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Hillarious. That'll teach you to try and get relaxed.

bell said...

Ben, that was so funny! Adie and I were laughing so much that we were crying!

GreedIsGood said...

That's too funny...next time probably have a look at that really small writing at the bottom that says "Rub & Tug". [PT]